Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lech Kaczynski and Meinhardt Raabe


I really can't make this stuff up, people. I have been listening to Polish Death Metal a fair bit lately. Bands like Vader and Decapitated, oh and Lux Oculta. For those who don't know, Polish Metal artists are known for a highly technical style, which borders on the impossible.

Lech Kaczynski was born June 18, 1949, and he and his brother achieved fame as child actors in a hit 1962 movie, "Those Two Who Would Steal the Moon," about troublemaking twins who try to get rich by stealing the moon and selling it.

That, I also could not have made up. I have not seen this movie, but I certainly will check to see if I can add it to my Netflix queue.

For a blog that is about celebrity death and laced with irony, the death of Meinhardt Raabe is bittersweet.

Yes, Yes, he was played the coroner, and yes, yes, he was the last remaining member of the cast with a "speaking" role.

But, why did his death have to occur on the same day as the President of Poland? Meinhardt certainly deserves better, but what can you do? I actually am growing quite fond of the "two-fer" format and I believe it adds a whole new level of 'meta' to the equation. So, if you are going to be upstaged, my Munchkin friend, please know that it is in the name of moving the product forward.

I just wish I had the energy for Dixie Carter....

No comments:

Post a Comment